It’s time to make an impression.
We’re looking for a talented, creative, digital communications professional.
We’re a busy communications and PR consultancy, working with some of the most entrepreneurial, ambitious and successful clients across Scotland, the UK and worldwide.
Our portfolio of brilliant clients includes producers and innovators across a wide range of sectors including: hospitality & tourism; food & drink; transport; design and a whole lot more.
It’s an exciting time for the business as we further develop our digital capabilities, so this is a key role in our business, based in Glasgow’s Merchant City. If you’d like to join our highly-experienced, ambitious and hardworking team we’d love to hear from you. Consultancy experience is a bonus but not essential.
You will be a key team player in delivering our clients’ and Spreng Thomson’s communications objectives. In a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, your duties will include:
- Preparing high quality content: press releases, blogs / articles, social media content, presentations, infographics and basic image editing
- Updating the Spreng Thomson and client websites via CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Preparing media coverage reports
- Project managing the production of digital assets as required e.g. filmed content and websites
- Developing, managing and reporting on paid social media campaigns
- Preparing bespoke client reports using a variety of tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Page Insights, TweetReach and LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Supporting the wider team to enhance digital skills / understanding of platforms and trends
- Providing input on digital communications for business proposals
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
- Project management
- Confident using MS Office and good working knowledge of InDesign / Photoshop
- Experience generating great ideas and transforming them into fantastic work
- Demonstrable track record of recording, editing and posting on a variety of digital platforms
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and measurement platforms for reporting
- Experience of using scheduling platforms e.g. TweetDeck, Buffer
- Confident using LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Facebook Business Manager/Ad Manager, Twitter Ads
- Web content management (e.g. WordPress, Drupal); proficient using HTML and CSS
- First class communicator (and listener)
- A self-starter with a motivated and flexible approach and excellent organisational skills
- A passion for creativity and problem solving
- Enjoy working as part of a highly-experienced, ambitious and hard-working team, where you can make a big impact
- Friendly, energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and commitment to learning new skills and researching trends
- Resilient when faced with a heavy and diverse workload
Terms and conditions
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Contract: permanent (Three-month probationary period)
Days & hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am/9.00am to 5.00pm/5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Annual leave: 35 days, inc. public holidays
After probationary – Pension and Private healthcare
Please share examples of your work (e.g. digital assets you have created, engaging social media content, paid social campaigns, reporting, media coverage etc.)
Your completed application form and portfolio should be sent to [email protected].
If you want a chat, please contact Barry Crawford on: 07812 403318.
Download the application form here: Application form
Please also refer to our GDPR privacy notice for job applicants.