Exciting role for a Graduate Graphic Designer in our Glasgow Merchant City Office
Spreng Thomson, Scotland’s leading creative Communications and PR business, works across the UK and internationally with ambitious and successful clients in the private, public and third sectors. If you’d like to join our highly-experienced, ambitious and hardworking team – we’d like to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Graphic Designer. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong design skills across all media including digital and print. This is a key role so you will be working closely with our team to develop creative content to support the business and our portfolio of brilliant clients.
Your work will include looking after our website, preparing high quality presentations, reports, infographics, GIFs and a wide range of graphic content to support clients. Our team works across all media including film, photography, graphics, animation to ensure that our work has strong visual impact in social media and other media outlets.
The successful candidate will be able to design and produce high quality creative digital content using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, other Creative Suite apps and Microsoft Office.
As this is a graduate post recruited through the Glasgow Guarantee, we appreciate that you may not have all the experience and skills we are looking for, but if you’re creative, talented with the enthusiasm to learn new skills and can demonstrate you’ve got the essentials – get in touch!
Skills and experience
- Highly proficient, ideally with commercial experience, in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, other Creative Suite apps and Microsoft Office
- An understanding of print and digital design and the ability to conceptualise great ideas to create fantastic work
- Excellent standard of spelling and grammar
- Recording, editing and posting on a variety of platforms including websites, YouTube, Soundcloud, iMovie, Hootsuite, Event Brite
- Digital and Social media platforms, aggregate tools, analytics, and any additional necessary content coordination tools
- Web content management (using WordPress or similar) and development, including HTML & CSS
- First class communicator (and listener), self-starter with a motivated and flexible approach and excellent organisational skills
- A passion for creativity and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Like the idea of working as part of a highly-experienced, ambitious and hard-working team, where you can make a big impact
- Friendly, energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and commitment to learning new skills and researching trends
- Resilient when faced with a heavy and diverse workload
Terms and conditions
Salary: £17,140 p.a. / £8.79 per hour
3-month probationary period
Days & hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am/9.00am to 5.00pm/5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Annual leave: 35 days, inclusive of public holidays
After probationary – Pension and Private healthcare
Eligibility and how to apply
This vacancy is being recruited through the Glasgow Guarantee Graduate Scheme, a legacy of the Commonwealth Games that offers support for training, work, modern apprenticeships and job opportunities for Glasgow people.
- You must be aged 20-29
- You must have attained a degree/post-graduate degree in the last 12 months
- You must currently reside within the Glasgow City Council postcode boundary
- You must be currently unemployed OR underemployed (i.e. not in graduate level employment)
You must be able to provide proof of the above.
Register and apply through the Glasgow Guarantee: http://glasgow.mappit.org.uk.
A sample of your portfolio should be sent to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd July 2017 at midnight.
If you want a chat with someone at Spreng Thomson, please contact Barry Crawford on 07812 403318.