Macfarlane Packaging has relaunched its standard single and double wall “stock box” range in its most sustainable offering yet.
With 55% of consumers in its own 2023 Unboxing Survey* now demanding that retailers focus on using recycled packaging materials that can be reused or recycled, the move is designed to help Macfarlane’s customers to meet that consumer demand.
Details are as follows:
- Macfarlane offers customers a wide range of single and double wall “0201” stock boxes.
- This is its most popular box range, selling 13 million+ units a year.
- The new range is 100% Forest Stewardship Council certified.
- Its double wall boxes are now made from 100% recycled material.
- The single wall boxes are now manufactured from 90% recycled material.
- The new range substitutes 1,700 tonnes of virgin cardboard for recycled per annum.
- This new range is now lighter, saving over 1,000 tonnes of corrugated cardboard each year.
Commenting on the launch, David Mansfield, Managing Director of Macfarlane Packaging, said: “At Macfarlane we are committed to supporting our customers to be more sustainable and minimising our own impact on the environment. By redesigning our range of single wall and double wall boxes, we are increasing the use of recycled materials, reducing the use of virgin cardboard, using FSC Chain of Custody certification and helping our customers meet the demands of their own clients.
“This development fits with our Environmental, Social and Governance agenda, which focuses on continually improving our product offering in line with our ‘sustainability as standard’ approach.”
For more information on the boxes please use these links:
If you would like to discuss your communications needs, you can reach our friendly team on +44 (0) 141 548 5191 or send us an email.