At Spreng Thomson, we’re proud to support our clients with intelligent, creative communications and we have an exciting opportunity for an imaginative and enthusiastic communicator to join the team.
You’ll be joining a brilliant team with different backgrounds, skills and a shared commitment to supporting each other to develop their talents to the full.
We work with clients in areas as diverse as: renewable energy, food & drink, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, logistics, transport, investment, academia, and design – organisations that value great communications and are committed to working for a sustainable future.
As part of this collaborative, experienced and motivated team, you will have the opportunity to be involved with every aspect of our work including supporting our clients with:
- creating high-quality content – including social media posts, graphics and videos
- editing and producing podcasts and webinars
- carry out research for clients
- updating the Spreng Thomson and client websites
- preparing media coverage / social media reports with analytics
- copywriting and proofreading
- preparing for and attending events and training workshops
- building relationships with relevant target audiences and stakeholders
In your role you will also:
- support the Head of Digital and wider team to develop and implement communication plans, projects and strategies
- provide a friendly welcome to visitors
- identify areas for improvement in the business and development of the Spreng Thomson brand – we’re always keen to hear new ideas
- have opportunities to attend events and client meetings across Scotland
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- excellent attention to detail and standards of spelling and grammar
- first class communicator and listener
- self-starter with a motivated and flexible approach and excellent organisational skills
- experience of using a variety of social media platforms and editing software – proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canva, InDesign, Filmora – or video/audio editing equivalent
- creativity and problem-solving skills
- enjoy working as part of an ambitious and hard-working team
- the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise your own workload
- friendly, energetic with a can-do attitude
- committed to learning new skills and identifying and understanding new trends
- enthusiasm by the bucketful!
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to be able to do everything – this is a growth opportunity for the right candidate.
Terms and conditions
Salary: Starting from £25,000
Days & hours: 37.5 hours per week (the office is open from 9.00am – 17.30 Monday to Friday). We offer hybrid working following a period of induction. Annual leave: 35 days including public holidays. A driving licence would be desirable.
Spreng Thomson is committed to Fair Work, by ensuring that our people have an effective voice, by investing in their development and by not using zero hours contracts.
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please include with your covering letter and CV: one example of your writing (e.g. blog post / article) and two pieces of innovative social media content (e.g. example posts, graphics or video content). Your application should be sent to [email protected] by Sunday 18th June 2023.
If you want a chat, please contact Barry Crawford on: 07812 403318 / [email protected].
Connect with Spreng Thomson