Entrepreneurial Scotland’s annual summit will take place next week (Thursday 25 April) at Gleneagles Hotel and is set to be an inspiring occasion. The country’s leading business membership network has assembled a world-class line up of international entrepreneurs to share their knowledge, experience and insights with Scotland’s business leaders.
The impressive line-up of speakers includes:
- Jo Fairley, founder of chocolate brand, Green & Blacks
- Steven Gray, CEO of ROVOP, the independent provider of remotely operated subsea vehicle services
- Stefani Grosse, CEO and founder of the prestigious active wear range, Monreal London
- Charlie MacGregor, CEO of the innovative hotel chain The Student Hotel
- Alan McIntyre, Accenture’s Senior Managing Director for the global banking industry and a Global Scot
- David S. Rose, CEO of the global financing platform, Gust
- Entrepreneur Mike Soutar, co-founder of Shortlist Media and a regular on the BBC TV programme, The Apprentice
As well as listening to internationally successful business leaders, delegates will hear how entrepreneurship in other sectors such as life sciences and vertical farming is equally influential:
- Hugh Griffith is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of NuCana plc, a Nasdaq listed biopharmaceutical company, developing a portfolio of novel medicines focused on significantly improving survival outcomes for patients with cancer.
- Sonia Lo, the CEO of Crop One Holdings, the world’s largest vertical farmer – the practice of producing food in vertically stacked layers, surfaces and/or structures. Their brand, FreshBox Farms, has the only vertical farm operating profitably at scale, and recently announced a $40 million joint venture with Emirates Flight Catering in Dubai.
Sandy Kennedy, Chief Executive of Entrepreneurial Scotland, said:
“Our speakers bring a global perspective to the challenges, opportunities and practicalities of scaling up Scottish businesses. We will be focusing on the key issues for high growth organisations in Scotland. Attendees will hear first-hand what inspires and concerns international business leaders and get insider advice on developing a global mind-set as a tool for growth and productivity.”
Cazenove Capital is again supporting ES Summit as headline partner in 2019. Bob Hair, Head of Edinburgh Office at Cazenove Capital, said:
“Entrepreneurial Scotland is once again being supported by many prestigious speakers, keen to share their stories in order to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs and founders. We are really looking forward to hearing from these talented individuals next week, for what is shaping up to be another memorable conference.”
Scottish broadcaster turned entrepreneur, Janice Forsyth, and Iain Anderson of Cicero Group will be at the reins chairing the event and interviewing the speakers throughout the day.