Bullet Express, one of the UK’s fastest-growing logistics, distribution and storage companies, announces that it is opening a new, 44,000 square feet Airport Logistics and Training Centre at Westway Park, next to Glasgow Airport.
This latest development in the Bullet Express growth story is underpinned by storage and value-added contracts from several brand names in the retail and manufacturing sectors. It follows hard on the heels of Bullet Express opening a 67,000 square feet storage facility last year at Westway, one of Scotland’s largest, fully enclosed, industrial distribution and office parks. This new £1 million+ investment takes Bullet Express’s total storage capacity to 600,000 square feet, with 40,000 pallets under management and more than 550,000 pallets delivered annually.
Bullet Express’s workforce has almost doubled over the past 20 months to 150 and this new investment will also house the company’s new Training Academy, a 3,000 square feet centre that will ensure continuous development and upskilling of the company’s people. Once completed, it will be used for management and staff development as well as in-house training for over 100 drivers and warehouse teams.
The Airport Logistics and Training Centre will create a total of eight new jobs, expected to increase to 25 over the coming 12 months.
John McKail, Managing Director at Bullet Express, commented: “This new Airport Logistics and Training Centre adds another dimension to the Bullet Express business as we connect supply chains on a global basis for an ever-growing number of global brands.
“Investments like these are essential, given the ongoing demands from our wide range of customers. Our people remain central to our success and our Training Academy will enable us to attract and retain the best people from the industry and future-proof our workforce with our own training facility that supports their ongoing development.”
Bullet Express’s rapidly expanding network now includes:
- Renfrew: Airport Logistics and Training Centre with 44,000 square feet of storage and a 3,000 square feet training academy – near Glasgow Airport
- Renfrew: Westway Bullet Express Storage Centre with 67,000 square feet of floor storage and easy access to the M8 and Glasgow Airport
- Bothwell: Express Pallet Centre and HQ totalling 200,000 square feet – network distribution.
- Baillieston: flagship Storage Centre totalling 210,000 square feet – racked and floor storage.
- London Road: Glasgow Storage Centre, totalling 32,000 square feet – high-bay racked storage.
- Prestwick: Aerosystems Logistics, satellite operating facility for management, planners, drivers and trucking fleet.
Established in Glasgow more than 30 years ago, Bullet Express is a full-service logistics business with 150 employees providing UK and European road freight services, worldwide air freight, sea freight, customs and storage solutions for customers.
If you would like to discuss your communications needs, you can reach our friendly team on +44 (0) 141 548 5191 or send us an email.
Find out more about what we do on the Services page and explore our Work.